If you own a 2018 or newer vehicle from General Motors, you’ll soon be able to access an array of convenient Amazon Alexa voice services through your infotainment system.
GM is working with Amazon to integrate Alexa into its vehicles using a combination of embedded app technology and 4G LTE connectivity.
“Customers already love using Alexa at home, and soon they can bring her with them on the go, whether they’re looking for a new car or own a compatible Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, or Cadillac vehicle already on the road,” said Ned Curic, Amazon’s vice president of Alexa Auto.
Here’s just a sampling of what Alexa will be able to do for you in your GM vehicle. All you’ll have to do is speak up:
- Integrate with your vehicle’s navigation to provide turn-by-turn directions or a list of nearby attractions
- Play any available artist, song, podcast, or radio station that you request
- Make hands-free calls with your Bluetooth®-enabled phone
- Read you the latest news
- Control your smart home devices while you’re on the go
- Provide you with thousands of practical services, productivity hacks, fun games, and more via Alexa Skills
Visit Freehold Buick GMC to learn more about GM’s new Alexa services, which should be available on eligible vehicles starting sometime in the first half of this year.